• This is a Swing Shift position. Monday through Friday, 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM. However, during the initial training period it will be Day Shift.
• Reports to QC Manager.
• High School or equivalent work experience.
• Preferred: At least 2 years experience in cable manufacturing, cable assembly.
• Acceptable: 2 years experience in related manufacturing such as electro-mechanical assembly or printed circuit board assembly.
Preferred experience, skills
• Ability to read and understand Product Specifications and Drawings.
• Ability to perform flame tests.
• Ability to perform Tensile & Elongation tests.
• Identify Strand via UL/CSA standards.
• Ability to perform resistance and impedance tests.
• Ability to perform Capacitance, dielectric, and hipot tests.
• The ability to use calipers, micrometers, laser measurement equipment, and dimensional microscopes to make measurements.
• Familiar with the milliohmmeter and TDR testers.
• Understand C = 0 sampling plan.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office applications, other computer software.
• Familiar with ERP, Item Master software/controls.
• IPC 610 or 620 certified.
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, the 5S’s, Kaizens.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Incoming inspection of material.
• In process inspection. Verify the construction of the products at different stages of manufacture.
• Issue label and record Underwriter Laboratories & Canadian Standards Association test of products.
• Prepare and archive records for all inspections and tests performed.
• Fill out Non-Conformity, Discrepancy reports needed and maintain a running log / archive of reports issued.
• Work with UL & CSA inspectors during their quarterly inspections.
• Support and conduct failure analysis for defects found during inspection.
• Be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Control Manager.