• Baycable manufactures custom cable and cable assemblies for medical, industrial, automotive, military and audio equipment manufacturers. With ISO-13485 certified manufacturing facilities in Fremont CA, and Sonora MX we support customers with both small and large volume production requirements in these markets. At our Fremont facility, we manufacture both raw cable and cable assemblies, while our Mexico facility specializes in large volume, lean production of finished assemblies only. We are looking for intelligent, quality oriented, motivated individuals with a tenacity for learning, to help us solve both design and manufacturing challenges presented to us by the customers we serve. In addition, our engineers perform critical roles in helping to shape the future organizational direction of our business on interdisciplinary initiative teams.
• BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering OR equivalent technical discipline with at least 3 years’ experience in a cable manufacturing and/or cable assembly environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work directly with customers’ engineers in the development of new products and processes.
• Quote new projects per customer specifications.
• Work within an ERP system to create bills of materials, and define equipment operations for production.
• On the production floor, support manufacturing operations, operators, supervisors, and production control.
• Interpret Military, ASTM, IPC-610, IPC-620, UL, and CSA requirements, as needed.
• Provide purchasing with purchased part descriptions and specifications.
• Create and update manufacturing instructions and supporting documentation.
• Design new processes, tooling, and/or manufacturing capabilities.
• Develop Bills of Materials (BOMs) for custom cable and assemblies.
• Compose detailed work instructions on how to manufacture a custom cable or assembly.
• Support operations with new equipment qualification.
• Notify customers of manufacturer PCNs (Product Change Notifications).
• Processing of ECOs (Engineering Change Orders).
• Evaluation and reporting of products for environmental regulations including RoHS, REACH, CA Prop 65, Conflict Minerals, and others, per customer demand.
• Some travel to customer sites (local, national, and possibly international) may be required from time to time.
• Support technology and program transfers from Fremont, CA to Santa Ana (in Sonora, Mexico) while working effectively with our Santa Ana engineering team.
• Must have ability to communicate and work well with multiple project teams from various groups on any given day.
• Problem solving, creative thinking.
• Team player.
• Able to work efficiently and effectively while under time constraints.
• Proficient with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Word and Excel; basic computer proficiency.
• Capable of reading and interpreting customer drawings or specifications and communicating those requirements to others.
• Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, wire & cable components, manufacturing processes, and test equipment.
• Familiarity with 3D modeling and printing.
• Understanding of injection mold tooling design & construction for thermoplastics and thermosets.
• Understanding of machine tools, CNC mill/lathe/EDM.
• Familiarity with Quality Management Standards such as ISO 13485.
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma training is a plus.
• Spanish language fluency is a benefit, but not a requirement.