The Inside Sales Representative position is for the Fremont, CA office. This position reports to the Baycable Sales Manager.
• High School Diploma—College desirable.
• 1-2 years Inside Sales, Customer Service, and/or Field Sales experience, is required.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Professionalism in verbal, interviewing and listening skills in both telephone and face-to-face sales situations.
• Cable costing ability both manually and computer costing models.
• Medium to high cable technology and product knowledge.
• Knowledge and understanding of appropriate customer service practices, sales process, lead qualification and business administration processes.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes, Bill of Materials, ability to read and understand customer prints and specifications.
• Strong computer knowledge and proficient in the use of industry standard applications such as: the Microsoft Office Suite of apps, CRM (Sales Force) and MRP/ERP systems.
• Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Respond immediately to customer/industry inquires.
• Support direct outside sales and independent sales representatives. This includes, but is not limited to, costing, quoting, samples, expedites, RMAs and writing of orders.
• Preserve business at current accounts through providing excellent customer service and responsiveness.
• Promote the expansion of Bay capabilities to all customer contacts.
• Use customer knowledge and experience to value price all applications while maintaining minimum profit objectives.
• Answer phone and respond to messages left on the Sales CS voicemail.
• Maintain the (electronic) filing of Sales orders in a timely manner.
• Obtain sufficient knowledge of Bay distributor and manufactured products, engineering and manufacturing capabilities to effectively communicate this information to customers.
• Support a goal to provide same day turnaround on all requests for quotes, samples, and product information.
• Qualify all inquiries immediately for match to Bay capabilities and pricing objectives.
• Monitor key accounts to ensure that Bay keeps commitments.
• Provide RMA number, processing, and same day follow up of customer requests.
• Matching of customer’s confirming orders to Bay paperwork to verify pricing, quantity, and deliver dates.
• Intelligence gathering and sharing: Become knowledgeable of customer’s business needs, pains, applications for wire and cable products and report this knowledge working with Outside Account Mgr. to determine new sales opportunities, and to assist the customer in determining their present and future needs.
• Become knowledgeable of the business process and the internal workings for the efficient tracing of orders and the flow of paperwork as it pertains to sales/customer service.
• Be available to participate in customer and ISO audits when necessary.
• Maintain customer portals where applicable.
• Be available for travel with Account Managers when necessary.
• Help maintain Bay goodwill by providing customers with efficient and timely customer service.
• Neatly maintain the filing of quote folders.
• Screen all customer inquiries for new product opportunities.
• Participate in end of the year purging of quote folders.
• Sales is not always an 8-5 job. Must be available to work extra hours if necessary.